Testing of electrical equipment and machinery
In addition to the installer standards of the DIN-VDE 0100 series, the German Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (BetrSichV) and the DGUV V3 (accident prevention regulation of the employers' liability insurance associations) define the legal framework for the necessary tests of electrical systems.
The DIN VDE 0105-100/A1:2017-06 serves as a basis for the operation of electrical systems, which describes, among other things, the competence and training of skilled personnel, as well as the prevention of hazards through preventive maintenance.
DIN VDE 0100-600:2017-06 also serves as a guideline for carrying out the individual test steps, and DIN EN 60204-1 (VDE 0113-1):2019-06 must also be observed for electrical machines.
For other electrical equipment such as photovoltaic systems or charging stations for electric cars, special test procedures are prescribed by further standards.
All tests serve the purpose of detecting and eliminating possible defects in order to increase your safety and ensure the smooth operation of the system.
We have been offering you the know-how we have gathered as installers and manufacturers of electronic components, and which we need for our own tests, as a service for over 20 years.
In doing so, we work out the scope of testing and the necessary steps together with our customers. For new customers, we offer practicable and proven standard procedures as a decision-making aid.
Legally compliant and audit-compliant documentation is just as much a matter of course as the targeted further training of our audit personnel.
For the respective test tasks and test steps, we use suitable test equipment from well-known suppliers; the same applies to the storage of the measured values.
The following tests of electrical equipment and machines are usually performed:
- Initial and repeat tests of power distributions and cabling in buildings or industry (According to DGUV V3 Fixed Installations).
- Testing of switchgear assemblies for further use (output test according to DIN EN IEC 61439-1 (VDE 0660-600-1):2021-10) or after connection by our qualified personnel to further electrical subcomponents (according to corresponding standards).
- Periodic inspections of electrical machines in relation to DIN EN 60204-1 VDE 0113-1:2019-06 and DIN VDE 0105-100/A1:2017-06 (According to DGUV V3 Fixed Installations).
- Initial and repeat tests of portable devices and systems according to DGUV V3 or DIN VDE 0701-0702 (VDE 0701-0702):2008-06 / DIN EN 50678 (VDE 0701):2021-02.
- Initial and repeat tests of photovoltaic systems according to DIN EN 62446-1 (VDE 0126-23-1):2019-04.
- Initial and repeat testing of charging stations for electric vehicles in accordance with the relevant standard.
Other tests, such as the annual inspection of escape route lighting according to DIN-EN 50172 (VDE 0108-100):2005-01, on request.
MANUFACTURER TESTING AND EXPERTISE
The test tasks and test steps that a manufacturer of electrical machines has to perform according to DIN EN 60204-1 VDE 0113-1:2019-06 differ only by two additional measurements:
- High voltage test of all circuits whose nominal voltage is >= 230 V, and
- Residual voltage measurement when the plant/machine is switched off.
Here, too, we support our customers with our know-how. This test is done only once before delivery to the end customer and is later replaced by other recurring tests.
In addition to manufacturers of packaging machines, we support customers in the field of control cabinet construction (especially for the shipping industry)
TESTING OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
ACCORDING TO CLAUSE 3602
This test is different from all others, as it focuses on property and fire protection. It is also a contractual agreement between the property and fire insurer and the end customer.
However, all other mandatory inspections are also evaluated and reviewed. This is why this activity is also often called an order audit.
The inspection is carried out by an independent third party, a VdS-approved expert.
Our employee Martin Ziehl has this qualification and will be happy to carry out the inspection at your premises.